Effective Date: December 12, 2007
- Sources of Information About You
- Our Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Updating Information
- Our Opt-in / Opt-out Policy
- Links to Other Web Sites; Third-Party Applications
- International Transfer
- Children’s Privacy
- “Do Not Track” Disclosures
- Contact Information
- Effective Date
2. Sources of Information About You
We obtain information about you from various sources, including you, your interaction with HRASimple, your insurer, employer, and third parties. Such information may include your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number, among other personally identifiable information.
Information you provide to us: If you use certain Services, you may be required to provide us certain information.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided when registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, posting material, or requesting further services, demographic data, employee numbers and employer information.
- Information related to your personal, spouse or dependent demographic data, insurer and insurance information and information related to health and welfare payments for services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services and of the fulfillment of your
- Your search queries on our website or through our
Information we collect from your use of the Services and other interactions you have with HRASimple:
We may collect your usage information about how you use the Services, including your access times, location, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol addresses. We may collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve and to deliver better and more personalized Services, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and analyze
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your interests.
- Speed up your
- Recognize you when you return to our
- Administer the
We may also use the information we collect automatically for research and marketing purposes. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Services or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit HRASimple, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. This information may include your Social Security number.
3. Our Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, personalize, improve our services, deliver the information, and support your requests, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We may use the information we collect to send you news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by select partners and us. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from HRASimple by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you non- promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
We may also use information about you (i) to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; (ii) to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; (iii) to protect our rights or property; (iv) to compare information for accuracy; (v) to verify your identity; (vi) to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and (vii) for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
Additionally, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including billing and
- To notify you about changes to our Services or any products or services we offer or provide through
- For business development, research, marketing, promotional purposes, press inquiries, aggregate statistical analysis, and site
- In any other way, we may describe when you provide the
- For any other purpose with your
We may use the information we have collected from you to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
We may use third-party service providers to process and store personal information in the United States and other countries.
4. Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- To our subsidiaries and
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes we disclose to
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To perform our services or to comply with our other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HRASimple, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of HRASimple’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HRASimple about our users is among the assets
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities connected with our
- For any lawful
- With your consent or
We may also share non-personally identifiable information (aggregated or otherwise) with third parties for any reason.
5. Updating Information
To the extent the website requires you to enter personal information about You, You may update or correct information about yourself by emailing us at CustomerService@HRASimple.com or accessing your account page. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
6. Our Opt-in / Opt-out Policy
By providing your contact information for the Services, you agree that we may contact you to provide you with any service-related notices or provide you with information about HRASimple products, services, events, invitations, or related educational information.
California Users. In addition to utilizing the Opt-Out Opportunities described above, California Users may have the right to request certain disclosure information annually from HRASimple. Such disclosure requests should be directed to hipaa@HRASimple.com. For more information, please reference the Cal. Civ.
Code § 1798.83, available at http://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws. In addition, if you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code §1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
7. Links to Other Web Sites; Third-Party Applications
HRASimple also operates and maintains social media networking pages on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. From time to time, we may import comments and posts from these third-party websites to the Services. If you post to any of our social networking pages on third-party websites, you provide information to the public and do so at your own risk. Further, we may use these postings on our Services without notice or compensation to you. Please visit the privacy policies of any third-party websites before posting to our pages there.
8. International Transfer
By accessing and using the Services, you acknowledge and agree that HRASimple controls and operates all parts of the Services from its offices in the United States of America. The Services are intended for use by end-users located in the United States of America. Unless expressly stated to the contrary, HRASimple makes no representation that the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
If you access the Services from outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers and servers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act was created to protect children under the age of 13 from unsuspecting acts or practices in conjunction with collecting, using, and disclosing any information about them. Our Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. Any access to or use of the Services by anyone under the age of 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of the Agreement. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verifying parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or guardian or otherwise believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us to delete the child’s information. The Services will never knowingly accept, collect, maintain, or use any information from a child under 13. If a child we know to be under the age of 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child or notify parents.
We safeguard the security of your personal information with industry-standard physical, electronic, and administrative procedures. The safety and security of your personal information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee your personal information transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or within the Services. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting through the Services in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
11. “Do Not Track” Disclosures
12. Contact Information
13. Effective Date